Park Play Library

Thanks to the generous support of the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation, Park Pride is pleased to provide resources for Friends of the Park groups to host events that promote active play and healthy lifestyles within parks and greenspaces. Active use of parks supports better health, safer neighborhoods, and stronger communities – we hope you’ll schedule a fun-filled event in your neighborhood park!

Package details, pricing information, and the request form are available via the links to the right. If you have any questions about the Park Play Library, please contact Ayanna Williams at 404-546-7963 or

Park Play Library FAQ

Who can use the Park Play Library?
The Park Play Library is available to official Friends of the Park groups in the City of Atlanta and DeKalb County. If you would like to form a new Friends of the Park group, contact Ayanna Williams at

What equipment is available?
The Park Play Library offers equipment that supports having fun in your park! We have parachutes, game balls, tug-of-war ropes and more. See the packages and pricing sheet for details.

Where can my group use the equipment?
The Park Play Library is available for events in City of Atlanta or DeKalb County parks. You can host your event in the park that your Friends of the Park group supports, or in another park in your neighborhood.

How do I reserve equipment?
Complete the Park Play Library order form and send it to Park Pride. We’ll contact you within 2 business days to confirm package availability, determine payment method, and schedule a pick-up time.

How long is the rental period?
The standard rental period is one week. During peak rental seasons the rental period may be shortened to accommodate more groups. Rentals that are returned late will incur a fee equivalent to an additional week’s rental.

Will I need a permit or license for my event?
A Park Rental Application for a Large Gathering in a Park is required if your event will involve more than 75 people, amplified sound, or portable restrooms. The Office of Parks waives the fee for large gathering applications submitted through Park Pride.

A festival application is required if your event will involve more than 250 people, vending, alcohol, a tent larger than 10’x10’, a stage, or a moonwalk. Festival applications need to be submitted directly to City Hall along with the applicable fee.

A Public Performance License is required for any movie shown in a public venue.