What We Do
In short, Park Pride works with communities to develop and improve their parks! This year, Park Pride activities include:
1) Awarding nearly $1,000,0000 in matching grants to community groups to fund capital park improvements in City of Atlanta and DeKalb County parks (funding provided by the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, Home Depot Foundation and Cecil B. Day Foundation.)
2) Partnering with 90 “Friends of the Park” groups – community-based partners working to improve the greenspace in their backyard.
3) Coordinating more than 15,000 hours of volunteer service with the support of hundreds of dedicated volunteers (mostly corporate volunteer groups), and surpassing 500,000 volunteer hours in parks over our 25 year history!
4) Getting people involved in the Atlanta BeltLine (Adopt-the-Beltline program), community gardens in parks (funded through Kaiser-Permanente), park visioning and our fiscal partners programs.
5) Connecting park advocates and enthusiasts together at a variety of community and greenspace focused events: The Park s and Greenspace Conference, Pints for Parks, a Community Garden Tour, Park Play Days, Friends of the Park Workshops, and so much more!