What We Do
In short, Park Pride works with communities to develop and improve their parks! Over the past year (2013), Park Pride activities included:
1) Funding $625,000 in park improvements in City of Atlanta and DeKalb County parks (funding provided by the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, Home Depot Foundation and Cecil B. Day Foundation)
2) Partnering with more than 87 “Friends of the Park” groups – community-based partners working to improve the greenspace in their backyard
3) Coordinating more than 17,000 hours of volunteer service with the support of hundreds of dedicated volunteers (mostly corporate volunteer groups)
4) Advocating for parks through the PARC Pledge that was signed by each and every member of Atlanta City Council and endorsed by Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, leading business groups (Central Atlanta Progress, Midtown Alliance and Buckhead CID), park conservancies and environmental organizations.
5) Getting people involved in the Atlanta BeltLine (Adopt-the-Beltline program), community gardens in parks (funded through Kaiser-Permanente), park visioning and our fiscal partners programs.